3M™ All Weather Flashing Tape 8067
Like a bad novelist, in my last article I introduced a character in a final book chapter, who had not been previously mentioned.
3M™ All Weather Flashing Tape 8067 is a self-adhered, waterproof flashing membrane designed for sealing around openings and penetrations in exterior walls. This product has a unique acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive aggressively sticking and staying stuck both at lower and higher application temperatures than traditional flashing tapes. It even adheres to damp surfaces.
Bonds to Most Common Building Materials without Primers and Staples
3M™ All Weather Flashing Tape 8067 has been engineered to increase productivity while solving most critical flashing problems. Unique acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive sticks and stays stuck to seal around windows, doors and other openings. To prevent moisture intrusion, thin backing construction effectively conforms and seals around nails and staples with less buildup under siding. Proprietary construction will not liquefy, bleed, or melt in contact with many building sealants or in extreme summer temperatures.
- Sealing joints around sills, jambs and heads of rectangular windows in wood frame construction
- Sealing around other wall interruptions in non-roof areas, such as thresholds, dryer vents and hose bibs
- When installed properly as a concealed flashing in vertical walls in frame construction, it prevents moisture intrusion or water leaks and avoids costly problems caused by water infiltration.
- Stays Stuck, Even in Extreme Temperatures
3M™ All Weather Flashing Tape 8067 resists UV exposure for up to 12 months. It can be applied to materials without primers or staples and bonds in surface temperatures from 0° to 176°F (-18° to 80°C) per AMAA 711-05. Its proprietary backing seals around nails and staples to prevent moisture intrusion. This tough backing resists punctures and tears, yet thin enough to fit conveniently into corners and under siding. Split paper release liner provides fast application with easy and accurate positioning of tape.
- Apply with surface temperatures as low as 0°F (-18°C) or high as 176°F (80°C)
- Resists UV exposure for up to 12 months
- Passes nail sealability before and after thermal cycling according to AAMA 711-05
- Bonds to most common building materials without primers and staples
- Service temperature -40ºF to 240ºF (-40ºC to 116ºC)
- No adverse reaction with many building sealants
- Split-liner for easy and accurate positioning of tape, especially long lengths
- Eligible for LEED Compliance Credits